Tuesday, February 12, 2013

OLC WITH LESS IS MORE

Oh my goodness it is One Layer Card week at Less is More. It seems like I struggle with these OLCs every time, but I guess that is how we grow. I love to go through the submissions to see how I could have done this better, but anyway here it is…..

Less Is More OLC with a reference to Music:

This time, I decided to go digital. I remembered that I had this violin image from Doodle Pantry, and the background paper was included in the set, so I made the background image more transparent hoping it would give a little depth to the card. I flipped the violin and added the sentiment. I scored the top of the card and added a tiny ribbon to define the space.

I really would like to know what you think. I really struggle with these one layer cards! Thanks for stopping by today. Your visits make my day!

CHALLENGE LINK

LESS IS MORE: Week 106 One Layer with Music Reference

LIMforblinkie


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

10 comments:

Chrissie said...

This looks beautiful Ellen!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Donna Nuce said...

I really like this card for its neutral color scheme. I wonder how you get the cardstock through your printer?

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is wonderful and you certainly succeeded with the one layer. I must check to see if I have the violin. It's gorgeous!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This really turned out so elegant!!

Katy said...

Wow! I love this card! The embossing at the top goes so nicely with the musical paper and violin. I awarded you the Liebster Award so come over and check it out! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful showcasing of the violin, fabulous card!
hugs
Glenda

sandie said...

Ellen, it looks great. My thoughts-the background like this does give it more depth and I like that the ribbon matches part of the violin colour. Of course I love the scoring, it really adds interest. I may have gone for a cream card base but that is just me!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! Love the simplicity and wonderful grouping of the image, sentiment and background paper.

Dawn Frost said...

OK Ellen I've got to take lessons fro you on CAS cards! WOW, just gorgeous!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! One layer cards are not easy but yours is fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...