Wednesday, April 3, 2013

IN MEMORY OF DEREK MCCONNELL

**Second post for today**

My sweet friends, today’s post is in memory of one of our dear soldiers who has been called home. Yesterday, Derek McConnell was laid to rest. He was severely injured by an IED in Afghanistan 20 months ago. He had fought so hard to regain his life and was so close to going home, but on March 18th, he did not wake up.

I cannot image the pain of losing a child and my heart is heavy for his mother, Siobhan Fuller-McConnell, and his finance, Krystina Dressler, as well as their entire family. I made this card yesterday using the Mojo Monday sketch.

Somehow these beautiful Prima papers felt so calming and peaceful. The Technique Tuesday stamps stamped in a soft grey added the finishing touch.

Thank you for stopping by.

CHALLENGE LINKS
 
Supplies

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

4 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

what an amazing peaceful card, so sorry for the loss of your friend. my prayers go out to his family, thanks to him and his family for his service, I am grateful! I know my freedom does not come free, it is at a cost of our soldiers and there families. My deepest sympathy!

hugs *~*

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Such a beautiful card for such a sad occasion. I'm so sorry for the lost of this young man's life and what the family is going through.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Sorry to hear of the loss of this young soldier. Prayers to the family and friends.

Cornelia said...

A fabolous card for an terrible occasion. So sorry for his family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...