Saturday, May 25, 2013

IT’S GOOD TO BE BACK

Hi sweet friends. I want to thank all of you for your kind thoughts, prayers and expressions of sympathy over the last few weeks. I had never lost a parent, and even though we knew this was coming, it still knocked me off my feet. Today was my first time back in my craft studio and it was hard to concentrate! But I did come up with one card for you:

I used the Mojo Monday sketch but decided to do a shaped card. I used the largest Spellbinders Labels Eighteen to shape the card (yeah I took a LOT of liberty with the sketch!) and I embossed the background with a basket weave EF. The “marbled” paper is a new technique I tried. You put shaving cream in a paper plate, add drops of alcohol ink and swirl them around with a knife. Then take your cardstock and plop it right on top of the shaving cream and smush it down to sort of spread out the cream. Pick up the cardstock and place on your craft mat. Use an old plastic rewards card, credit card, or anything that will gently swipe all of the shaving cream off of the cardstock. Let it dry and you are ready to use it. While I had the pile of shaving cream there, I did a few more pieces of cardstock for future use.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my card.

CHALLENGE LINKS   

 

 

Supplies

 2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

So glad to have you back, dear friend! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! I adore the red, white, and blue and your bling up top looks like the beginning of a firework! HUGS and hope you can get some more quality time in your craft room and be able to concentrate! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...