Saturday, June 8, 2013

I LOVE YOU DAD

Today is Dad’s Memorial Service and I wanted to do something special for him. So this is just a quick post to share it with you.

I chose a simple picture frame and the Mojo Monday sketch and decided I love how it turned out. Hope you do too.
Pray for me today as I go through his service. I plan to read a poem and I need strength to get through it. Here is the poem:
Image
by
Ellen Miller
It's been a long time since we first felt the beginning to this end.
And today we pray before you; your family and your friends.
We've watched your thoughts get more obscure with every passing day;
As this heartless thing called Alzheimer's made them fade away.
Gradually it took the gleam from those once so loving eyes.
To befall on such a giving man...it seemed so unjustified.
Stripping you of everything, leaving nothing in its place...
Except a look of sadness left upon your face.
As long as we have searched, through all the tears we've cried...
We've tried to find the reason for this long good-bye.
But now it's time to take back all your memories...
As you are finally free from this cruel disease.
We pledge to remember the man that you once were;
A good hearted, giving man is all that will be heard.
And every night when we look up and see a certain star...
We will know within our hearts exactly where you are.
So on this day we say good-bye as you now depart.
Although far from our touch, never far from our hearts.



Copyright © 1999 Ellen Miller

Used with permission of the author.
Thank you for stopping by today.

Ellen

5 comments:

Pia S said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Ellen. The sentiment is one my favorites - such wise and true words.

sandie said...

My prayers are with you x

Mynn xx said...

This is a beautiful tribute to you father, Ellen. I LOVE the amazing copper elements and I think that quote is perfect. You have been and still are in my thoughts and prayers, dear friend. HUGS, HUGS, HUGS. Love you lots. Mynn xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I love that sktech and what you did with it! Fabulous sentiment and my thoughts go out to you in this sad time. The poem brought tears to my eyes and made my heart ache, such a cruel disease. God Bless!
hugs
Glenda

Donna Nuce said...

Hugs for you Ellen and prayers. A beautiful memorial you did for him. God bless you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...