Friday, July 26, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Happy Friday dear friends. This is the first of two posts for you today! I can’t believe it but I have started my Christmas cards! I have a lot to make since I send a lot to Operation Write Home, so here is my first one for this year.

I have been working on CAS design lately but when I saw the theme for this week at Cards in Envy I knew I was IN! They are looking for layers, layers, layers and that is my comfort zone!

(A2; Paper: Recollections (Botanical Noel); Stamp: Freebie from a magazine last year (no name on it); Die: Spellbinders; Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon; Ink: Copics

OK this is one of my rare times that I actually colored the images! I usually just freak out and go on to something else, but I have been looking at this image for over a year now. I felt like it was time to jump in and just color it. I then used the SB Romantic Rectangle to cut it and the oval die for the sentiment. piled on some layers, stitched them and popped up the sentiment.

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenge
 
 
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

7 comments:

Sandy Trefger said...

Adorable Christmas card! I love the cute scene with the animals! Very lovely card and layers. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

Scrapenabler said...

Super cute card, love your layers. Thanks for playing along with us at Cards in Envy.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Your coloring is fabulous -- you should do more! Adorable holiday scene which will bring big smiles.

wendipooh13 said...

great christmas card and all the fun layers!!!! soooo glad you played along with Cards in Envy!!!!

Pia S said...

I think you colored it beautifully and with just the right shades of colors for a Christmas card too! Cute!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your image and the sentiment, lovely Christmas card!
hugs
Glenda

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! Love the snow scene. I really like the sentiment on the oval. Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...