Thursday, July 25, 2013

THANKS

Hi to all my dear friends. I hope your week is going well. I have been busy quilling in my off time this week. The kids are still in and out for a few more days so I am enjoying as much time with them as possible.

This week, the theme at Less is More is make your own flowers!! So, I quilled my flower…. here it is:

(5x7; Stamp: Inspired by Stamping; Punch: Martha Stewart)

I have been wanting to quill this flower for a while, but either didn’t have the time or didn’t know how I was going to use it. I needed a thank you card for a neighbor, so, since I can hand deliver this, I knew exactly what I wanted to do! The card base is the lilac color with a popped up panel of the same color. A very pale yellow strip, punched with the MS punch creates the “trellis” effect. I stamped the sentiment using grape Pop Tone and made a banner.

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenge
Week 129 Theme: For our THEME this week we would love to see Hand made Flowers

 

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellen, this card is stunning. I love quilling and this card really inspires me. Is that husking or using the comb? I haven't bought the comb yet, but I do know how to do the husking.

Michelle said...

Wonderful flower. I am not usually a big fan of quilling but there are a few exceptions and your card is one of them

Chrissie said...

This is simply stunning!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Katy said...

Wow! That is a beautiful quilled flower! Love your card! :)

Pia S said...

Your quilled flower looks fabulous! Such a great design and choice of colors! I've never tried quilling myself, but I definitely like the look of it!

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome flower with a wonderful CAS background!
hugs
Glenda

Donna said...

This is so awesome Ellen. I'd love to know how you did this. It's on my bucket list to learn to quill. So pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...