Monday, September 2, 2013

CHRISTMAS WISHES

Happy Monday sweeties! I have a couple of posts for you today, so here we go with the first one. I only recently found 52 Christmas Card Throwdown and I think I will be participating in as many challenges as possible! You can never have too many Christmas cards, especially when most of them go to Operation Write Home!

(A2; Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (tree), Verve Ornamental Christmas; Die: Silhouette America (poinsettia))

The challenge is to chose a previous color combo (I picked Green/White) and a previous sketch (see below). I embossed the tree in green and then cut my little rectangles. I wanted to create the idea of looking out a window with snow falling. So I added some dots of Stickles. (I tried Flower Soft, but it came off. Anyone have a secret for that stuff? I even used the Flower Soft glue). I stamped the sentiment, cut the pennant tag and attached using foam tape. Lastly, I cut the poinsettia on my Silhouette and attached.

Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenge

 

  

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

9 comments:

Marsha said...

Great Christmas card. Yes, it looks like a window. I should join the "52" also.
As to flower soft - I have basically stopped using it because it does flake off and we can't use it for OWH cards because of that.
Anyway, really like your card.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This card is really lovely!

Margaret said...

This is a great idea looking at the Christmas tree through a window.
Hugs
Margaret M

Jacqueline said...

This is beautiful - great tree image and perfect for the sketch you have chosen too. Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

What a beautiful wintry scene, Ellen! Gorgeous use of the colors and I adore the window effect the sketch lends to your scene! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Danielle Vincent said...

So glad that you've found our challenge at 52CCT - welcome! I love how you used this sketch. Hope to see you next week too. Hugs D

Patricia H said...

You did a fantastic job combining the sketch with the color combo! I agree that your card looks like someone looking out the window at the snow falling around the tree. Thanks for sharing it with us at 52{C}CT!

P.S. I totally grinned at your remark about joining in the 52{C}CT challenges to build up a supply for OWH. That's how I got started on them, too! :)

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love how I feel as if I am looking out a frosty window to behold that beautiful tree, Ellen!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely fabulous! Your view through the window is lovely! Thanks for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...