Monday, September 30, 2013

FLEAS ON EARTH!

LOL I decided to do a card to lighten the mood! I don’t know about y’all but I get so tired of negative news and attitudes, so some days just need some fun.  This week’s technique at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is emboss resist, so here is what I came up with (using OWH’s sketch for this week!).

(A2; Stamps: Hampton Art Outlines; Paper: The Paper Studio Old World Winter; Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon; Holly: K&Company Brenda Walton)

I wanted to create a vintage feel so I decided to use DI and strategically color the images. Instead of adding the oval shown in the sketch, I added a bow and some holly.  I think the dog is adorable, but then I am a dog lover! I just love this paper pack I got at Hobby Lobby (wish we had one here!). It is totally vintage and definitely my style. Hope you enjoyed! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenges

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

11 comments:

Margaret said...

What a cute card gave me a laugh. Love how you have stitched around.
Hugs
Margaret M

Donna Hanley said...

I agree completely with your thought on sad, disturbing news. I don't even like to watch the news any more. I like your Flees On Earth card. You did a terrific job on the technique. Thanks for starting my day with a laugh.

Pia S said...

I find that sitting down and making a card automatically puts me in a good mood - the thoughts focus on creating something and it's just so relaxing! I really like your card. FAB sentiment and I do like the look of the DP! A different and very sweet Christmas card!

Diane said...

Thanks for the chuckle-nice break from reality! Your image and sentiment are great and I realy like the emboss resist technique you used!

Diane said...

Thanks for the chuckle! Great stamps and great technique! thanks for sharing a smile!

Linda said...

Great paper mix!

Mynn xx said...

LOL, this is great, Ellen! Super cute image and sentiment and I LOVE the traditional colors! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

Ruth M said...

Hi Ellen, your festive fleas card made me break out into a goofy grin, such a fun card! Wonderful image, papers & accent details too! So nice to have you playing along with us at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh HA - how fun!! Love your multiple colors with the resist technique (a gal after my own heart). A very fun and wonderful card that made me smile. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT.

Deborah Frings said...

Oh this is a fun card - I do like the vintage colours, the stitched details and that fab bow! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Louise van Vuren said...

Those are amazing papers! Your little dog is very festive and cute and the resist technique is very 'crisp'. Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52 CCT

Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...