Wednesday, October 30, 2013

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS

Hello my sweet friends. I have a confession about this card; it almost didn’t make it to blogland. In fact, I made it so many times I was ready to give up. So, I would love to know what you think of it.

(A2; Stamps: Verve (Ornamental Christmas), Inspired by Stamping (Vintage Postcards), Inkadinkado (Reindeer); EF: Darice; Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black & London Fog); EP: Ranger (Gold))

I admit, I am not the best stamper, and that reindeer stamp is a wooden block, so trying to get it positioned exactly where I wanted it was not easy for me. I used the London Fog for the Postal stamp to add depth. I added the little red rhinestone for the nose and still felt something was missing. I ended up adding the embossing at the bottom and the red ribbon. Now I feel it is done! What do you think? 

I used the CAS(e) This Sketch in reverse. I wanted to use something that flies that was not an airplane so I chose the reindeer. I also want to enter this at Casology this week where the theme is black. I love how the black border makes this card really pop.

Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenge

 

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

7 comments:

Pia S said...

Oh, do I recognize the scenario! Glad you persisted - it's a beautiful CAS Christmas card!

Gillian R said...

I think it's a great card, you have put all the components together really well. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Linda Beeson said...

What a pretty combination, love the embossed area

Joni Andaya said...

So Pretty!!! Thank you for joining us at CTS!

Ardyth said...

I think this is a very creative and artistic card, but if you're not happy about placement of wooden stamps, I would definitely recommend getting a Stampamajig (They have them at Stampin' Up and at Michaels). You tube will have good tutorials on how to use them and you'll find it so much easier! And after all of that, thank you so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Betty said...

So beautiful. Love your christmas card. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

Judy1223 said...

So glad you didn't give up on this design because you nailed it! Love that gold reindeer and the spray of sparkle that follows...so glad you joined us at CASology!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...