Tuesday, October 29, 2013

JOY TO THE WORLD

Hello again. I’m so happy you came back for the second card! This one is for the CAS on Sunday sketch challenge:

  (A2; Stamps:Waltzingmouse Stamps (Little Lanterns); Ink: Distress Ink (Soot Black, Antique Linen, Fired Brick), VersaColor (Marigold, Green Tea)) 

The sketch showed a round shape but said you could use any shape so I switched to an oval template to better suit the image. I masked the lantern and used the oval template to create the dark background. It is a combination of Soot Black and Antique Linen. I then stamped the lantern, candle, flame and “glow”. I used a little Memento London Fog, blended with some Marigold, and filled in the inside of the lantern . I Stamped two holly leaves at the top, stamped a third and fussy cut. Added three different sized rhinestones, attached the sentiment, beads and bow and rounded two corners. I then attached to a black border and popped up with foam tape on the card base.

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenges

CAS on Sunday: Challenge #20 'It's a Sketch Challenge'

closes Nov 7

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

3 comments:

anja curvers said...

Such a pretty card thank you for sharing this with us over at CAs on sunday.

Pia S said...

The sooted oval makes a great background for this beautiful lantern. It's a beautiful CAS design and a lovely Christmas card, Ellen!

Anneke said...

Love the black panel! Great card! Thanks for joining the CAS on Sunday challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...