Monday, November 4, 2013

52CCTD–MERRY CHRISTMAS

Hello sweet friends. I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was spent playing nursemaid to my dear hubby who fell last Wednesday and broke at least 4 ribs. Thank goodness he is a little better today, so while he is napping, I am in my craft room (yea!). Here is my card for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

(A2; Chipboard stocking: K&Co (I think); Chipboard sentiment: freebie; Dies: Spellbinders; Paper: K&Co (Peppermint Twist), Cutmates (Olive Oil))

I followed the sketch for the challenge and, although I was concerned about all of the bright paper, I think it turned out cute. I think that is my last chipboard piece from this set. It has been hanging around in my Christmas pile for a couple of years, so time to get it out of here! After organizing my Christmas paper and cutting it all to 6x6, I realize I have plenty of Christmas DP that will last for a long time. It feels good to at least have that done. I’ll have to tackle the rest of my DP soon! Thanks for stopping by! 

Link to Challenge

 

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I really like this - it has a sort of folksy feel! Love the stitched detail and gingham backing paper. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

BTW - I do hope your husband gets well soon - it must be so painful for him.

Debbie said...

So cute! I love the patchwork strips! Fun stocking!!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE all the fun stitching and the fabulous papers! This is SO fun!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! Hope you join us again soon!!! :) Mynn xx

Danielle Vincent said...

Glad your hubby is on the mend. I love this card - it reminds me of a treasured Christmas quilt. Thanks for joining us this week at 52CCT!

Ruth M said...

Your mix of patterns work so well together Ellen and I love the jolly colours and sweet stocking! The stitching is a fab touch! Hope hubby's ribs heal soon! Thanks for playing along with us again at 52 {C}CT, please come back soon! Ruth x

Louise van Vuren said...

So sorry for my late visit this time - I've not been well! This is a fabulous take on the sketch- love all the bright colours and patterns.Hope your hubby is on the mend now. Thanks for joining in with the challenge at 52 CCT this week

Louise xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...