Sunday, November 10, 2013

LIM 145: THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART

Hello dear friends. I feel very lucky to be posting today because I am having internet problems and will hopefully receive my new modem before I completely lose touch!

I hope you have already seen my first post, but if not, please scroll down to see the ones I posted this morning. This card is for the Less is More OLC challenge.

(A2; Stamps: Paper Smooches (Many Thanks), Penny Black (Love Flourish); Paper: Neenah Solar White; Ink: Ranger DI; Die: Paper Smooches Border)

Oh boy! It is OLC week at Less is More and I am learning to enjoy making these cards! For this one, I heat embossed the PB heart using a sparkly EP. I cut a mask using the PS wavy border die, then masked and used the emboss resist technique going from light to dark, ombre style. I then stamped the sentiment from PS to complete this very simple CAS card.

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenges

Week 145 OLC Thanks

closes Nov 15 

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Such a striking card, love the deep red shades.

Chrissie said...

This looks wonderful Ellen!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Gerrina said...

I love your card! The heart and sentiment fit so perfectly and the sponged DI is beautiful!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Very pretty Ellen! Love the colour and embossed heart.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Ellen! Lovin' the Ombre!

Pia S said...

I find one layer cards so hard to do, and I'm really impressed by what you've created here! Love the wavy line and field of red with embossed detail. Brilliant design!

hellerlittle said...

OMG... I´m speechless - this is such stunig ... love it !!!
CU hellerlittle

Darnell said...

You are rocking the OLCs, Ellen!! This card is super!!

I also wanted to congratulate you on the well-deserved induction into the Addicted to CAS Wall of Fame!! Yippee!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

I love that pretty flourish! Congratulations on being named to the Wall of Fame at Addicted to CAS! Love your cards!

toots666 said...

wow love the design. not tried the technique so will have to have a go sometime. thanks for the inspiration

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is a BOMSHELL gorgeous card! I don't think I have ever used that term before, (especially for a card) LOL!!! Tthis card just rocks the bold color and perfectly balanced sentiment font, KUDOS, LOVE it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...