Monday, January 6, 2014

52CCT: JOY

Hello again and welcome back! Here is my first Christmas card for 2014…..just when I thought I was done lol.

(A2; Stamps: Paper Smooches (Warm Hearts); EF: StampinUp!; Paper scraps)) 

This week’s 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge is a sketch. I love the simplicityof this sketch and got a chance to ink up my new Paper Smooches set called Warm Hearts. I paper pieced the red heart on the tree and fussy cut the trees instead of die cutting them.

Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenge

Closes Jan 10

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

5 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Firstly, I adore your new blog look! Secondly, this card is SO FUN!!! LOVE the use of the trees and the coloring of some of the poinsettias!!! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :) HUGS and hope you join us again soon! Mynn xx

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at 52CCT with your lovely card - love the festive Christmas trees Jacqueline xx

Patricia Hays said...

I love how you've colored parts of the embossing to use as the "sprinkles" part of the sketch! Very clever! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at 52{C}CT!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I like this - the mixture of papers is fab. Love the paper pieced Christmas trees. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Ellen
I love how you've interpreted this sketch-there are so many different elements here-very clever (the fussy cut trees are my favourite)Thanks for playing along with us at 52 CCT
Louise xx
P S Thank you so much for my beautiful Christmas card, I had good intentions of sending New Year cards but gave up on crafting over the holidays. I promise to be more organised!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...