Monday, February 3, 2014

CTS62: YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST

Happy Monday my dear friends! Another week of crafting fun ahead of us! Today, I am sharing a card I made for the CAS(e) This Sketch challenge.

(A2: Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Simply You); Distress Stains)

I almost made this a OLC, but I decided I wanted to add some contrast. I started by masking off the white panel so that the strip was open. I used Distress Stains and a small paint brush to splatter the paint. I then stamped the sentiment and the tiny flowers directly over the splatter. Last, I cut two 1/4” strips in dark grey and the back panel in the same grey. I attached the strips to the edges of the design and attached the back panel. Everything was then placed on a white card blank.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Here are the links to the challenges in case you want to play along!

Hugs!
NewSignature

2 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

I like the way you met this challenge. It's CAS but with great color and idea.

Leigh Penner said...

Lovely card! Great take on the sketch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...