Saturday, February 1, 2014

DOODLE PANTRY: FEBRUARY RELEASE DAY!

Hi dear Doodle Pantry friends! It is time for Doodle Pantry’s February release! I’m sure you will love all of the images like this gorgeous Carousel Horse! I was so inspired by it, I ended up making three cards. Here they are:

(A2; Digital stamp set: Doodle Pantry (Carousel Horse 1) includes digital papers, images and sentiment), (Cozy Gazebo COLOR plus); Fibers: Really Reasonable Ribbon); EF: Darice; Border Punch: Martha Stewart)

I made the card with the yellow embossed background first by combining the horse, sentiment and the gazebo. I then used one of the solid digital papers for the background. The rest of the card is pretty straightforward.

(A2; Digital stamp set: Doodle Pantry (Carousel Horse 1) includes digital papers, images and sentiment); Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon)

After making the first card, I kept seeing the carousel horse more in the spotlight. By that, I saw the background in black and white with the main image in color (similar to the spotlight technique, but different lol). 

(A2; Digital stamp set: Doodle Pantry (Carousel Horse 1) includes digital papers, images and sentiment); Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon; Dies: Spellbinders)

After making the other two, I still needed to explore with another technique…..this time a take on the  Triple Time Stamping technique. I printed the horse 4 times and used square Spellbinders to cut out various parts of the image and lined them up with the bottom image. Sort of Triple Time Stamping in reverse???

So, yes I was definitely inspired by this beauty! I hope you enjoyed my versions of these techniques! 

Be sure to pop over to the Doodle Pantry blog and join in the fun with DPDC43! Here is what is in store for you:

FREE WITH PURCHASE FEBRUARY 1 – FEBRUARY 24

FREE FOR JOINING US AT DPDC43 AND USING A DOODLE PANTRY IMAGE

Thanks so much for stopping by to see what is going on at the Doodle Pantry February Release. After leaving a comment here for me, please check out all of the awesome inspiration from our DT and see all of the new stamp sets from Laurie.

Hugs!

NewSignature

DoodlePantryBirdieThanksBadge

5 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

All three of your cards are inspiring, Ellen. My favorite is the gorgeous design you used on the third card...Wow!

Donna Nuce said...

Congrats on you great impressions DT . These are gorgeous cards Ellen! I love carousel horses. You can tell because my google photo is one of my watercolours of a carousel horse. Have a great day.

Unknown said...

Wow Ellen, I'm a bit speechless. Your cards are incredible. Each one is so striking. But, I have to say, the spotlight card is one of the best cards I've ever seen. I love everything about it. I also love that you paired that gazebo with the first horse!

Patti P. said...

Ellen, how stunning are all 3 of your cards, great job with this set. Love the one with the gazebo which is one of my fave images and the way your b/w background really grounds the second one. But, I must say that your reverse triple stamping card just blows me away, I must try this sometime....just love it!
hugs.....

Dawn Frost said...

OMG Ellen all three are totally gorgeous, I can't even pick a favourite! Fantastic merging on the first one, love how you did the background on the second and sorry but I've got to case the third one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...