Tuesday, March 25, 2014

CCC17: HOPE YOU’VE BEEN NICE THIS YEAR

Hello again! This is my second post and another Christmas card. I have never made a slider card, but I thought an interactive card for a child would be fun, so here it is:

(A2: Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Quirky Polar Bear, Winter Wishes, Jolly St. Nick)

I used my Silhouette Cameo for most of this card too. I loaded the trees from Winter Wishes, but the image has a fence and a mailbox in front of the trees. I deleted the parts I didn’t need in the picture, then I copied the two trees and pasted to fill in the background a little more.  I then added cut lines for the slide area.

I also loaded the Polar Bear from Quirky Polar Bear, traced him and then added the sentiment to the same page. I sent all of this to the printer, colored with Copics and sent through the Cameo for cutting.

Once the bear was cut, I used a penny and some paper dots to build up an area to attach the bear. Once he was in place, I added white paper behind the scene and added the panel to a red border.

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

Christmas Card Challenges #17 -- Anything Goes

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

4 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

I live the glowing colors against the white. This is a super card.

Dawn Frost said...

OMG Ellen gorgeous! I love the deep red and greens, this is a must case card!

L.Wilson said...

Eeee! Such a crafty idea! That is just adorable.

Karen (karey2005) said...

What a cool idea! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...