Monday, March 10, 2014

FFC26: JOY

Hi dear bloggers. This is my second post for today. I found a new (for me) Christmas challenge called Festive Friday. This is my card for the challenge this week:

(A2: Cut files: Silhouette)

For my first submission at Festive Friday, I decided to go more graphic in design. They have a photo for inspiration (see below) so I used the colors in the picture to create this card.

I used my Silhouette to cut the word “JOY” and cut it by placing Kraft and white paper adjacent to each other. I also cut the holly on the Silhouette.  I then reversed the colors for the background, added the letters and holly and a few sequins with a green border to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

Festive Friday #26 (FFC26)

 

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

7 comments:

Rocky said...

A lovely crisp card that mirrors the inspiration in the photo perfectly, love it.

Kristie Goulet said...

Great card, Ellen! Love how you used the colors on the "Joy" and the holly leaves!!!

Ardyth said...

SO CREATIVE! Love how you reversed the letters like that to represent the cookie! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Lynn said...

Ellen, your graphic design is oh so cool...wow! I love you used the inspiration. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I really like the bold graphic appeal of your card, this is gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Festive Friday, I hope we see you again!

Geri said...

So clever and striking! Perfect for the challenge, too...thanks so much for playing along!!!

Deepti said...

Congratulations on ur win at Festive Friday!! Ur card is so stunning that I had to make a trip down here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...