Sunday, March 23, 2014

TCC6: HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 U

Hi sweeties!Just wanted to pop in quickly to share my card for The Card Concept. If you missed my first post today, please scroll down to see it.

(A2: Stamps: Paper Smooches (Sentiment Sampler), StampinUp (Gorgeous Grunge); Die: Paper Smooches (Numbers, Alphawhimsy); Cut files: Silhouette) 

This is a photo inspiration challenge with the added theme of birthday cards. I loved the pink roses so I chose pink as my color, but I noticed there were no candles on the cake so I decided to make some!

To make this card, I stamped the grunge design and then used my Silhouette to cut the candles and round frame. I die cut the number 2 and the “U”. Before attaching, I attached  my sentiment stamp to my acrylic block and curved it to match the curve of the circle. I stamped the sentiment then attached the remaining pieces.

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow Ellen. I love the depth of your card and the pretty colours you used. The cards are super cute too! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Ardyth said...

Love the fun whimsical feel of this! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept!

Karen Davis said...

Ellen, I just love your design!! Perfect selection and placement of elements...love the colour too. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept.

Tracey McNeely said...

Ellen wha fun candles on this vibrant card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love the design of this card, and those great candles! Great color too!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow this card is totally fabulous! Love all the modern elements you've added and the vibrant colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...