Tuesday, April 22, 2014

ATC36: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Hi crafty friends. I hope today finds you well and in a crafty mood! For me, the weather was beautiful this morning….77 degrees so Joy and I took a walk. It is so nice to go out and get fresh air now, but this afternoon the rain is supposed to start. So, I am in crafting and have a card to share.

The theme at Addicted to CAS is Far Away and here is my card:

(A2: Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Salute Bunny): Cut file: Silhouette; Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon; Die: Spellbinders)

If you follow my blog you know that 1) I am a proud Army Mom and 2) I strongly support Operation Write Home, so the first thing I thought of when I saw the theme “far away” I thought of our troops in Afghanistan. This card is an AnyHero card that will go in my next box of cards to OWH. It will be given to a soldier who might need some encouragement or something to lift his/her morale. (I use the term soldier to mean any branch of service.)

I used my Silhouette and cut the stars in blue and red. I used the blue to line the red stars and attached white to fill them in. I added a red rhinestone to each star. I printed the sentiment and cut with a Spellbinders oval.

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  the challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

 

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

3 comments:

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous card, Ellen ... perfect colours and I love how you've focused on the stars (with bling) and stripes (ribbon)! Such a wonderful way to recognise the contribution that all our service personnel make. Thanks so much for playing along with ATCAS! Anita :)

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is a wonderful card Ellen, in more ways than one.
Thank you so much for sharing with us at the ATCAS Far Away challenge.
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen what a fabulous card and for such a good cause too. My brother served in the Royal Marines for many years and spent most of his time away from home so I know how such things can cheer them up. Such a bold card and a great take on our theme. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

Marie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...