Friday, May 9, 2014

CASology94: YOU HOLD THE KEY TO MY HEART

HAPPY FRIDAY! I have two quick posts for today, so I’ll be back with another one, but first up is my card for the CASology challenge.

(A2: Cut file: Silhouette; Homemade sentiment; Embossing powder: Inkadinkado)

The CASology theme is metal, so after reading Ardyth Percy-Robb’s post and seeing how to turn a die cut into “metal” I wanted to try it. I cut the key on my Silhouette and covered it with VeraMark and used copper, silver, gold and metallic black embossing powders repeating applications until I got the look I wanted. I ran it through my Xyron and adhered to the panel that I had already printed my sentiment on. I adhered the white panel to a gold border and added to my card base.

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  the challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Darling KEY! Bold like I like cards, and awesomely done, great details! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Unknown said...

love it ... I was similarly inspired by Ardyth's post and Jen Maquire's video!

Jen W. said...

Nice job with the metal technique - your key looks fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Ellen, you did a great job making your metallic key -- Ardyth's card and reference to Jen McGuire's technique were quite helpful this week, and now I want to try it, too! So glad you did -- that key is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...