Wednesday, May 14, 2014

FUSION: HELLO

Hi my friends! Welcome to my blog. I hope you enjoy the card I have for you today.

(A2: Stamps: Paper Smooches (Flap Happy), Hero Arts (Poppy Background); Card stock: CutMates (Sunny Side Up and Licorice), Neenah Classic Crest); EF: Darice (Chevrons)Die: Spellbinders (Oval); Ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon)

I have been seeing people use their embossing folders as stamps and wanted to try the technique, so the bottom strip is black ink on a chevron EF and “stamped” on watercolor paper. I stamped the poppies on the yellow card stock with black ink, but since I wanted it to be completely black, I then used my black Copic and colored the black area to get the high contrast I wanted. I then cut the oval and mounted on the same yellow with the black border and added yellow and black ribbon pennants.

My husband looked at it and immediately said “this looks like art deco.” What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to  the challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

 

 

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Love, love love the way the chevrons artistically fade out! The wonderful Hero arts stamps are amazing !!!! Paired with your copic coloring, FANTABULOUS!!!!! The look of black embossing (copic) to pop the yellow blooms, ADORE it!!!!

Thanks for being so inspired to play along with us and adding your lovely creation to the gallery ---I love it !

Cathy Weber said...

Ooh...this looks like a great big winner to me! I love the chevrons in the background...very smart of you! I also really think the coloring of those flowers is gorgeous and your card is really well designed.

Unknown said...

Wow such a stunning card!!! The chevrons are such a fun touch behind the beautiful bold flowers! :) Thanks so much for joining us at fusion

Lyndal said...

FABULOUS flowers Ellen :) So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...