Wednesday, May 21, 2014

OWH226: THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE

Hello my dear friends. I am so excited because it is Wednesday and I have a wonderful (for me) surprise coming soon! I can’t tell you though, you have to wait along with me!  

This card is made using the Operation Write Home sketch for this week and is an AnyHero card that I can include in my next box of cards to OWH.

(A2: Stamps: Doodle Pantry (USA Freedom and USA Star); EF: Cuttlebug) 

This is another card that was done jiffy quick. First I merged the sentiment and star and resized to fit the sketch. I then printed the DSP, sentiment and some additional stars in various sizes. I embossed the blue panel, cut the pennant and placed it on a red background, which I also did with the sentiment and the blue panel. I then quickly added a little glue to hold the pieces together and actually stitched them all at once. (I usually stitched each piece or panel and then attach everything.) Stitching like this went so quickly! I fussy cut the three stars and added them along with a few enamel dots and adhered the entire piece to a white card base.

BY THE WAY!! Don’t forget to check out the Doodle Pantry challenge and this month’s specials and new releases! You have until the 24th to get your card submitted, so there is time if you hurry!

Thanks for stopping by.

Here is a link to the challenge so you can join in too!!!

 
 
Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

6 comments:

Joanna M. said...

I can't wait to hear your news! This card is absolutely darling! I really love that embossing folder.

auntbeespickles said...

Oh goodness Ellen, where do I start?? Love the set you chose, love all the stars and the different sizes you made them, love love the sewing! This creation is "the bomb"!! So fun!! Great job girl!
Hugs, Sarah T

Kristie said...

Awesome AnyHero card! I just love that you added so much detail to it. That stitching is fabulous! I can't wait to hear what your news is.

Annie S. said...

This card has so many awesome details! I love your stitching! Inspires me to pull out the sewing machine...just don't know where to put it! TFS!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!! I love the sketch! The embossed BG and stitching are wonderful!!

Dawn Frost said...

Great take on the sketch Ellen, fantastic stitching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...