Saturday, August 30, 2014

GREAT IMPRESSIONS: NO CARD OR TAG WEEK

Hello to all of my Great Impressions friends! Welcome back for more inspiration from the Great Impressions store!
Time again for NO CARD and NO TAG week!  I love to quill so I decided to quill a project to share with you: (Warning: Lots of photos coming)

This is a used Yankee Candle jar that I cleaned out and repurposed for my little garden.

I thought I would give you a close up of my toady. This is the first time I have done 3D quilling and I think he is just adorable!


This is the back of the garden and you can barely see my little 3D lady bug so here is a close up below.

I placed a round piece of Styrofoam in the bottom of the jar and covered it with moss that I bought in the floral section at AC Moore. After making all of the quilled pieces I attached them to floral picks and broke them short enough to completely push into the foam. I had to use long tweezers to arrange everything. Last, I made the sentiment “sign” using one of the sentiments from the Great ImpressionsToadally Awesome Set” and added it behind the toad.
Do you want to learn more about quilling? Be sure to check out my tutorial on October 4th. I will be showing a basic quilling technique and showing how you can use it to make a fall leaf. Mark your calendar!
Thanks so much for stopping by for a bit of inspiration from Great Impressions. Be sure to check out the current monthly challenge and don’t forget to link your GI creations at our CUSTOMER GALLERY!
One last thing, be sure to “Like” Great Impressions on FACEBOOK and I’ll see you again next Saturday!
Happy crafting everyone!
NewSignature_thumb1_thumb_thumb_thum[1] dogtags







1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

Ellen, this is super fabulous! I LOVE all the amazing quilling and I adore the fun sentiment you used, too! I TOADALLY would love to get this is a teacher gift! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...