Wednesday, August 20, 2014

OWH MID-MONTH THROWDOWN: HEARTFELT THANKS

Hello dear friends!  Here is my card for the Operation Write Home Mid-Month Throwdown. Once again I have made an AnyHero card because there is no one better to show my gratitude:

(A2: Stamps: Verve (Bountiful Harvest), Inspired by Stamping (Hydrangea and  Ahoy Matey), Fiskars (Dotted Flourish))

I love the new schedule at OWH! Instead of a mid-week throwdown, they are doing a mid-month one. I never seemed to get around to the Wednesday challenge.

This weeks sample card is gorgeous and is made by Joanne Travis whose blog is Sleepy in Seattle. I decided to CASE her card keeping the elements, but placing them differently. I stamped the pumpkins three times and paper pieced them to add dimension. I also colored with Copics. I first stamped them on the card panel for placement and so the little squiggles would show without being fussy cut. Then I stamped them twice more to color and fussy cut. Since I was fussy cutting, I didn’t have to mask (yeah), which always seems to take a couple of time for me to get like I want it.

Thanks for stopping by!

Here is a link to the challenge and a photo of the sample card so you can join in the fun!

Mid-Month Throwdown: Gratitude

Happy Crafting!!!

NewSignature_thumb[1]_thumb

dogtags

1 comment:

Linda said...

Love your CASE card...esp using the script...I love the look but have never tried it. WTG!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...