Sunday, August 17, 2014

QUILLED HUMMINGBIRD

Happy Sunday my crafty friends! I have something to share that is NOT a card, and not made for a challenge. You know I love quilling, and I have had this hummingbird stamp from Inkadinkado for a long time. I kept looking at it and wondering if I could stamp it and use it as a pattern to quill. Well here are the results!



Here you can see the stamp I am using and the quilled piece. I love to see the colors shimmer on a hummer when the sun hits it, so I used a mix of colors on mine. For perspective, the image is about 2.75 inches across so it is pretty tiny quilling pieces. 



Here is the framed, finished piece. I used some card stock and Spellbinders circle dies to create the green and dark yellow matting. I then measured the opening in the white mat that came with the frame (from Michael's) and made the little yellow and green corner pieces.


I sure would love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment if you have time, and thank you so much for visiting my blog today!


Happy crafting!




Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...