Thursday, March 26, 2015

GREAT IMPRESSIONS AND C.R.A.F.T

Hello to all of my Great Impressions friends! This week GI is sponsoring the challenge at C.R.A.F.T Challenge. The theme is “Inspired by a Movie”. Here is my card; can you guess my movie?

(A2: Stamps: Great Impressions Stamps (G360Geisha  and  A145 - Never Give Up)

Did you guess it? It was first a book and then a movie…. The main character is Chiyo/Sayuri. Did you figure it out? YES! Memoirs of a Geisha!!! I read the book years ago and when the movie came out I fell in love with it too. The book takes place before, during and after WWII and is an historical novel. It is such a beautiful story of perseverance!

As a young child Chiyo and her sister are sold to a geisha boarding house. Chiyo meets The Chairman and determines to become a geisha hoping to someday see him again. She chose Sayuri as her geisha name, and she did meet The Chairman again, and their story is unforgettable.

I have some gorgeous card stock from DCWV called The Far East. I love the colors and texture of this card stock. After finding the image of the tree on a piece of the CS I decided to use it to look like my geisha is walking in a garden. After stamping the image several times on different paper, I paper pieced the geisha and fussy cut her. I kept her colors light so she could stand out from the dark background and attached her with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment and die cut it. I die cut another larger oval and dotted it with Liquid Pearls and then attached the sentiment inside the dots using foam tape. I added three more dots of LP at the top left. I hope you like my card, and if you have not read the book or seen the movie, I’m sure you will love it!

Thanks for stopping by!


Now it is time for you to join in the fun at C.R.A.F.T Challenge! What movie will inspire you? I can’t wait to see!



Be sure to come check out our current challenge

If you use a Great Impressions on your project, please link it in our CUSTOMER GALLERY!

One last thing! We have a new social media outlet on Flickr.com. You can find us by clicking here, so please join us on Flickr and share your Great Impressions projects!

Happy crafting everyone!
NewSignature_thumb1_thumb_thumb_thum[1]

2 comments:

Rocky said...

I love this card, it's gorgeous. Like you I read the book and then watched the film, it's one of my favourites.

!neke said...

Beautiful card Ellen !
Have a nice day !
No sun here in the Netherlands.

!neke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...