Monday, January 4, 2016

MIXED MEDIA

Happy Monday sweet friends! Hopefully you had a wonderful weekend.  We finally got some sunshine and temperatures in the 50s so I was able to walk and take down the outside Christmas decorations. This is the LATEST I have ever had them up!

Before Christmas, I got the Tim Holtz Bird Crazy stamp set but I’ve been to busy to play with it! I got some time this weekend and decided to play with the set and a bit of mixed media. Here is what I came up with:


Size: A2; Stamps: Tim Holtz (Bird Crazy), Verve (Making a Statement); Stencil: The Crafters Workshop (Mini Butterfly Meadow); Misc: tissue paper, acrylic paints, Gesso, embossing paste, Copic markers)

I have never done much with mixed media so this was a fun card; I may even try some more! I started with white card stock and wrinkled tissue paper. I glued the tissue paper to the card stock making sure it had lots of wrinkles. I used Gesso to prime it and once it was dry, I applied acrylic paints.  After the paint was dry, I added the flowers using a stencil and embossing paste. I colored the flowers and the bird with Copic markers. I fussy cut the bird, stamped him on the background so his head feather and legs would show and pasted the colored bird on top. For the border, I used a ruler and a black and a white marker and just hand drew the lines. 

This card is available on my #Etsy shop, Ellen’s Creative Cards and Crafts.

I hope you liked my card! Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!!!
NewSignature_thumb[1]_thumb

1 comment:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, how fun! Such a beautiful background and that birdie always makes me smile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...