Sunday, June 5, 2016

BIBLE JOURNAL #22

Hello blogging friends! here is my Bible Journal for this week:


 
 
 

“The Lord is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.”  Psalm 145:8 (ESV)


Full Definition of mercy from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mercy

“plural mercies

  1. 1 a :  compassion or forbearance shown especially to an offender or to one subject to one's power; also :  lenient or compassionate treatment <begged for mercy> b :  imprisonment rather than death imposed as penalty for first-degree murder

  2. 2 a :  a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion b :  a fortunate circumstance <it was a mercy they found her before she froze>

  3. 3 :  compassionate treatment of those in distress <works of mercy among the poor>”

As I stopped to contemplate mercy this week, I realized mercy is something that I don’t see as often these days. Instead, I see people who want revenge, vengeance, or cruelty. Jesus’ mercy, shown to us by His great sacrifice on the cross, is the greatest example of mercy that I can imagine. Mercy is simply not getting what you deserve. Thank goodness God is merciful!!! I know that He has spared me from eternal death and shows me mercy in my life.

I watch as our country goes through this election cycle and pray that people will gain graciousness, be merciful and compassionate. We are so divided and at odds it scares me. So, please join me in praying for our country and for God’s mercy to be shown to us once again.

This drawing is done with a Micron pen and  graphite pencils.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take a second to let me you were here!

Have a blessed day!
Ellen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...