Sunday, June 19, 2016

BIBLE JOURNAL #24

Hello blogging friends! here is my Bible Journal for this week:


 
 
 
 

3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. ”  James 1: 3-4 (NIV) 


The ESV uses the word steadfastness instead of perseverance, but for me, perseverance feels like a better word since it means “determination in doing something despite the difficulty”.  It is a word that stays in my mind a lot and if I every have grandchildren, that is one word I will teach them! I hope, and believe I was able to teach our children perseverance. Upon reading this verse, I realized that trials in life just help me grow my perseverance and therefore my faith matures. What a wonderful message, at least to me. It helps me when things get tough.

This drawing is done with a Micron pen and Copic markers.  Since I was planning to use the markers, I added a strip of cardstock to the page so it would not soak through.


Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take a second to let me you were here!

Have a blessed day!
Ellen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...