Friday, September 2, 2016

DISTRESS INK BACKGROUND TANGLED

Hi everyone! I’m back today with more Zentangle. I hope you enjoy! I have been watching people making beautiful watercolor backgrounds and then tangling them, so I decided to try tangling a Distress Ink background.

Colorbackground1b

I used DI and blenders for the base of the background. I then used some Distress Stain with the paintbrush to flick spots onto the background. Then I misted with water and dried thoroughly.

Colorbackground1c

The tile on the left is an Artist Tile and the one on the right is one I made using Neenah 110 lb card stock. I prefer the card stock because the colors moved on it better and it was tougher. You can see the one on the left tore.

Colorbackground1d

This is the flat line art before coloring and shading.

Colorbackground1

Size: 3.5 x 3.5”; Zentangle Patterns: Printemps, Onamato, Flee, Beadlines, Striping

This is the final product. I used a black Micron pen to draw the tangles, Prismacolor colored pencils and graphite pencils for shading and creating shadows, and a white gel pen for highlights.

This process was a lot of fun! I hope you will give it a try too!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please take a second to let me you were here!

Enjoy creating!
Ellen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...