Saturday, October 15, 2011

TSTR WEEK #83 - FALL FLOWERS

Happy Saturday to all my crafty friends! I hope your week was as wonderful as mine.  I know you thought I forgot about my blog, but to be honest, my card for TSTR challenge this week took a LOT longer to make than I anticipated.  But its ok; I think it was worth the time!  And here it is:

TSTR 83 Fall Flowers

The challenge: WEEK #83 - FALL FLOWERS is the theme of 'Fall Flowers' along with this beautiful photo for inspiration ...

... and Sheri asks that we create a card or project inspired by the COLORS from the photo and USE FLOWERS!  You'll get 'bonus points' if you include HANDMADE FLOWERS….so, I quilled my flowers!

If you are a regular member of my blog, you know I recently started learning about quilling,. When we were asked to make flowers I was so excited to practice my new craft and learn how to make different types of flowers.  I even found myself checking out all of the flowers outside as I walked Joy.  I was trying to see how the colors played together and the different shapes of petals. I was even looking at flowers on the internet trying to come up with ideas. I didn’t have any patterns to go by so I just started quilling and boy was it fun!  Here are the flowers I made:

TSTR 83 Fall Flowers3

Now I know it was a big project to take on but I think they turned out pretty good! But wait! There’s more!! (LOL)  You see that dainty crochet trim? Well, I made that too! Woo hoo I had so much fun making this card.  The crochet pattern is called Scallop Edge. I used a crochet thread size 10 made from Bamboo from Coats & Clark. 

The cardstock is from DCWV’s The Far East coordinating paper. It is a gorgeous set of papers with vibrant, rich colors that I adore.  The solid cardstock on the left of the card is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder.  I fussy cut the trim next to the crochet trim. It is part of the same paper that is on the far right.

TSTR 83 Fall Flowers2

The medallion is cut from Spellbinders Labels Two and is embellished with 3 green pearls.

I truly had fun making this card and hope you enjoyed seeing it. Please let me know what you think!

As always, thanks for stopping by. Please watch for more cards to come this week as I continue with Christmas cards!!

signature

ShabbyBlogsDividerH

3 comments:

Maria said...

Gorgeous tiny little flowers...great job of quilling! I've always wanted to try it, but haven't yet. Have a great weekend, take care!!:-))

Sheri said...

Wonderful interpretation of the photo! BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing with at THE SHABBY TEA ROOM ;-)

Unknown said...

Thanks Maria and Sheri!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...