Saturday, February 25, 2012

CAS-UAL FRIDAYS CFC41

Happy Saturday crafty friends! I hope you are having a beautifully crafty day, as I have.  Finally, I had time to make some cards and did I have fun!

I have been sharing a lot of Mother’s Day cards since I am participating in Operation Write Home’s* Mother’s Day challenge. Even though it is not for the Mother’s Day challenge, it will be sent to our troops for mailing home.

Today, I decided to take a break and make a fun card for CAS-ual Friday’s CFC41 challenge ~ Jest for the Pun of it.  Use a pun, or a sentiment in a silly way to create a joke, on your Clean And Simple creation.

CFC41

The panel is made using Distress Inks on watercolor paper.

CFC41_2

The sentiment was created on my computer and printed out on card stock. The drink is popped up on a pop dot to add dimension to the card.

CFC41_3

I won these cute stamps in the OWH Stars and Stamps VCMP challenge. They are from DeNami Design and were perfect for this card. I quilled one of the lime slices to add dimension. 

CFC41_5

I think I am beginning to enjoy making CAS cards, but I don’t think it will ever replace the fun I have making vintage/shabby cards.

In addition to the CAS-ual Fridays challenge, I made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image722222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! Oh, if you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb[1]
STAMPS

  • DeNami Designs

PAPER – Recollections

INK

  • Stayzon Black
  • Tim Holtz
    • Peeled Paint Distress Ink
    • Wild Honey Distress Stain

TOOLS

  • Quilling tool
  • Quilling strips

ACCESSORIES

  • Really Reason Ribbons – Stars on Apple Green Grosgrain
  • Green ric-rak
  • MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th[1]

    7 comments:

    SandeeNC said...

    wow, love that quilled lime, that adds so much!! The pun is fantastic, I love punny cards! Your card is fantastic!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina!

    Ruth M said...

    Great card and I LOVE your quilled lime, it's fabulous! Ruth x

    Tracey McNeely said...

    Fantastic image, love the pun!

    Michele Gross said...

    Sassy and fun! I love it!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    VanessaB said...

    i reeeeaaallllly love this card! awesome job :)

    Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

    How stinkin' cute and fun is this?! Love and adore that sentiment!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays - we're so glad that you did!!

    Dana said...

    Incredible!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...