Friday, February 3, 2012

MY FIRST “ANY HERO” CARD

Hi all my crafty friends! If you are a follower of mine you already know I am a supporter of Operation Write Home and love to blog about my cards for them.

Today’s card is called an “AnyHero” card. These are cards and letters from people across America with messages of gratitude and encouragement inside. They are called "AnyHero" letters because they're going to be given out to troops who get little or no mail. This is my first AnyHero card. I have been making cards for the troops to send home but this one is for the troops. Anyone can write to our heroes so, if you are interested, please click here for details.

My card is also being submitted to the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch challenge #106 which I will share with you after you see the card.  Drumroll please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OWH Sketch 106

Those of you who use Verve stamps will recognize this but THIS IS MY FIRST SET and I’m so excited about it!  This is the American Hero set that has 15 awesome stamps that are perfect for my AnyHero cards!

OWH Sketch 106_2

The papers are Craftwell card stock and the striped piece is from MME. 

OWH Sketch 106_3

The arrow is a pre-cut chipboard piece covered with Craftwell Molasses card stock and then distressed. The star is heat embossed.

OWH Sketch 106_5

The inside of the card coordinates with the front.

image

This is the Stars and Stripes Sketch Challenge #106 that I used.

I hope you like my card! I had a lot of fun making it!  Complete instructions are listed below, so if you want all the details, please scroll down.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my card today. I do so enjoy reading your comments so please leave some love!!! SmileThanks for stopping by….

hugs,

Ellen

Recipe_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS

  • Verve
    • American Hero

PAPER

  • Craftwell Card stock
    • 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 folded for base (brown)
    • 5 1/4 x 4 tan
    • 4 x 4 tan for sentiment
    • 5 x 3 3/4 green
  • MME Paris & Co
    • 3/4 x 5

INKS

  • Inkadinkado Black
  • VersaColor Umber

TOOLS

  • Sewing machine
  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Labels Two
  • SU dauber

ACCESSORIES

  • Liquid Pearls – Bisque
  • Chipboard arrow
  • Tan grosgrain ribbon

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Cut all paper
  2. Stamp sentiment and frame on tan paper
  3. Center Labels Two over frame and  use Big Shot to cut die
  4. Use dauber and ink edges of die cut
  5. Add one drop of Liquid Pearls in each star
  6. Adhere green panel to tan.
  7. Adhere strip panel on right of card.
  8. Use sewing machine to stitch around outer edges of panel
  9. Attach ribbon leaving a tab at the top and notch at the bottom.
  10. Add brown card stock onto the chipboard arrow.
  11. Heat emboss the star onto the bottom of the arrow.
  12. Attach arrow on top of the ribbon.
  13. Attach sentiment over the arrow.
MyShabbyBlogsDividerH_thumb_thumb_th

3 comments:

Bernardine Cuttino said...

This is a great card, love the label and the sentiment great colors, very nice

Sybrina K said...

Ellen,

What a great card! I love all the textures and techniques that you've used on it.

I, too, have resolved to make more Any Hero cards. Congrats on your first one!

Thanks for sharing and for participating in this week's sketch challenge.

Mynn xx said...

What an amazing tribute to the troops!!! This is wonderful--I love that sentiment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...