Tuesday, February 28, 2012

VIVA LA VERVE FEBRUARY WK4

Happy Tuesday sweeties! I am so happy to present this card today because it is an AnyHero card for Operation Write Home*.  AnyHero cards are cards of appreciation sent directly to one of our troops and is therefore very special to me.  I love writing to our men and women in uniform sending encouragement and thanks. 

Mynnette at On a Stampage is hosting a Spread the L-O-V-E campaign this year and asks that we send out or gift at least one handmade card or project each week for the rest of 2012 and blog each week about what you've given and, if you feel comfortable, who you've given it to and why. 

Of course I don’t know exactly who this is going to but I do know why.  I cannot think of a more personal way of expressing my appreciation to these brave men and women!

I made this card using the Viva La Verve Week 4 CAS sketch…but more about that in a minute. Here is my card:

VLVFeb2012Wk4

The “Band of Brothers” stamp is from Stampers Best. The “Let Freedom Ring” and stars are from Verve. The stars are embossed in red.

VLVFeb2012Wk4_4

The Spellbinders Labels Eighteen is popped up with dimensional dots and edged in Camellia VersaColor ink.

VLVFeb2012Wk4_3

The blue and white papers are from Recollections. The stars paper is from my stash.

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

Viva la Verve: VLVFeb2012Wk4 Here is the sketch

image

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image722222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! if you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb

supplies_thumb2_thumb
STAMPS

  • Stampers Best Band of Brothers
  • Verve American Hero set

PAPER – Recollections

INK

  • Versacolor – Camellia

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Labels Eighteen
  • Heat tool

ACCESSORIES

  • Red grosgrain ribbon
  • Red embossing powder

  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb

    2 comments:

    SandeeNC said...

    Love your card and as someone who sends out cards on a regular basis ( Cricut Card Fairy ) I know that they are appreciated and loved! You are a special person!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    I applaud you for sending cards to Anyhero. I appreciate your gentle reminder that these men and women do their thing, so that we can do ours in freedom. Hugs!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...