Sunday, March 11, 2012

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge 111
Happy Sunday cuties! I am so far behind on my challenge cards, I probably will end up missing some of the challenges this week. I admit, I have been trying to stay busy, but some days it has been tough.  I hope the worst of the “empty nest syndrome” is over with though!  Whew, what a week.  In addition to my spring cleaning, I have two other projects I am working on; one I cannot share at this time and one I will give you a sneak preview of later this week, so be sure to come back!
I made this card for Operation Write Home’s* sketch challenge #111, which was LAST Sunday (ugh). Luckily, the mid-week challenge is for a Mother’s Day card, and since I was finishing up my box to send off, I made a mothers day card.  I love it when things just work out like that!
Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge 111_4
This is another Doodle Pantry digi set called English Bluebells. It comes with matching paper which I almost totally covered up.  The Happy Mother’s Day stamp is from Verve’s One Person set.
Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge 111_5

Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge 111_3
The background paper is from DCWV Old World.
NOW FOR THOSE CHALLENGES:
Operation Write Home: Sketch #111
image
…and here is Operation Write Home’s* Mother’s Day Challenge:
image3222222225
In addition to these challenges, I made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.
image7222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb
supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb
STAMPS
  • Doodle Pantry – English Bluebells
  • Verve – One Person
PAPER – Craftwell card stock, Doodle Pantry, DCWV Old World
INK
  • Inkadinkado
TOOLS
  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders
    • Lacey Circles
    • Fancy Tags
  • 3” Circle punch
ACCESSORIES
  • RRR Sage seam binding
  • White Pearls
  • Flowers –Michaels (the white ones. the sage one I made)
  • Doily
  • Stampin Up Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware
    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb

  • 5 comments:

    Lee Mae said...

    What a beautiful card! Love those flowers and the background paper goes with the image perfectly! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    SandeeNC said...

    I really love the colors you chose, they work so well together, it's a beautiful card! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    Mynn xx said...

    Oh, the blue, green, and cream on this are just beautiful!!! LOVE all the stitching! :)

    cherry said...

    lovely card.....makes me wish for spring!

    Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

    Your blue bells card is sooooo pretty. I will be an empty nested for the final time this Fall. My boys are 12 years apart so we felt a little like empty nesters then when he marched off to the Citadel. It was terrible. Heaven forbid how I will handle the youngest son. I retired from teaching at the high school after 33 years and I stay busy, but I know I will take it hard come this Fall.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...