Wednesday, March 21, 2012

MISSING YOU

VLVMarWk3_2
Hi blogging friends. I made this card this weekend, but I have to admit, tonight I am posting it as I think about my son. We got our first letter from him today (yay, now we have an address for him) and he is doing ok.  He is doing the gas chamber tomorrow (Thursday). If you have no idea what I am talking about, you can see a video here.   Just click the dropdown arrow by “Making of a Soldier” and choose gas chamber. That just does not look like fun to me!
Well, enough of that. Let’s talk about the card! This card was made using the Viva la Verve Week 3 sketch along with a Verve sentiment and Doodle Pantry digital image and paper; however, I would first like to talk about the BG paper.
The BG was created using the Wrinkle Distress technique and Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  You are going to see quite a bit of his techniques from me over the next couple of weeks because I am taking his Creative Chemistry 101 on line class and boy is it fun!  This BG is not something I learned from the class, but I did learn from one of Tim Holtz’s videos.
VLVMarWk3_3
Here you see a close up of the Verve sentiment and the Doodle Pantry image that I just adore.
VLVMarWk3
The papers forming the center panel are the digi papers from Doodle Pantry.
NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:
Viva la Verve Week 3 sketch challenge
image
Operation Write Home* Midweek Throw down: This week our challenge is to make Miss You cards for our heroes to send home to their family and friends!
In addition to these challenges, I made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.
image72222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb
image
supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb
STAMPS
  • Doodle Pantry
  • Verve
PAPER – Craftwell card stock, Doodle Pantry
INK
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink
TOOLS
  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders Labels Eighteen
  • Memory Box Quinn’s Flourish
  • Heat tool
ACCESSORIES
  • RRR ribbon
  • Blue rhinestones & flourish
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb

    6 comments:

    Francie G. said...

    Beautiful! Love the background tech. Wonderful details! TFS!
    Prayers for your son!

    Lee Mae said...

    That background technique looks fabulous! Your card is gorgeous and fun at the same time. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    Andrea Ewen said...

    What a beautiful card, Ellen...I adore green and you've just made it sing! The bow and the stitching are just divine! Glad to hear your son is ok...I can't even imagine what you are both going through! My thoughts and prayers are with you both! :)

    Andrea Ewen said...

    Oh, and I adore the bling, too!

    SandeeNC said...

    The gas chamber is not fun, but it will be one of those male bonding experiment that they love so much, lol I'm sure he will do just fine! love your card,, it's adorable! waving hi from the rainy hills of North Carolina :)

    Janelle Stollfus said...

    Beautiful card! I love all the texture in it with that background paper technique. The class sounds like a lot of fun.

    Ellen, OMStars (that video is startling)! I'm glad you have a way to contact your son now and that he continues to do well in training.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...