Friday, March 23, 2012

VIVA LA VERVE WEEK 2

Hey y’all! I have a lot of cards made that I need to get posted! I’ve been having fun with some new techniques, new toys, and new digi’s.  Today’s card was made using the Viva la Verve March Week 2 sketch and Doodle Pantry digital image and paper. Let’s have a look at the card:
VLVMarWk2
I just adore this image and coordinating paper from Doodle Pantry.  I got it for free just from playing in their challenge!  This was such a quick and easy card.  A little stitching, some die cutting, distress ink, put it all together and add a ribbon. How easy is that!
VLVMarWk2_2
This is a pre-colored image cut out using a Spellbinders die and then distressed with Distress Ink. The tag is distressed with the same ink.
AROUND MY HOUSE:
Now that I know what regiment my son is in, I was able to find them on Facebook! He is a Delta Dawg (LOL). You just have to love that name. I even saw him in some of the pictures!  In this picture I could see his profile behind some other guys, but most importantly, he is smiling. That made me happy. 
389233_377936462230030_274594852564192_1353208_1177242916_n
Photo courtesy of US Army, Ft. Benning, Ga https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=377936462230030&set=a.377500882273588.97633.274594852564192&type=1&theater
NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:
Viva la Verve! March Week 2 {3/9/12}
image
I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.
image722222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_        image_thumb1
supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th
STAMPS
  • Doodle Pantry
PAPER – Recollections card stock, Doodle Pantry
TOOLS
  • Big Shot
  • Spellbinders
    • Big Scalloped Circles Lg
    • Fancy Tags
  • Punch Corner Rounder
ACCESSORIES
  • RRR ribbon
  • Blue rhinestones & flourish dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t
  • 2 comments:

    Redanne said...

    Tat bunny picture is so cute! Loving the backing papers too. Nice that you got a pic of your Son, must be heart warming for you.

    Maria said...

    Sweet bunny image for a darling card, Ellen! Glad you heard from your son! My nephew, Evan, is in Afghanistan until October. I'll keep your son, Grant, in thought and prayer! Take care, hugs!!:-))

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...