Saturday, March 24, 2012

TIM HOLTZ CREATIVE CHEMISTRY 101 DAY 3

Hi girlies! Wow, I am having a blast with the Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry Class.  I just love Distress Inks, Stains, etc and he is doing a fantastic job explaining when to use the different inks.

Since my cards tend to have layers and bulk, I wanted to take this class to see if I can learn ways to add depth and dimension without bulk. I also think it will give me lots of ideas for masculine cards since I think Tim’s dark colors make a great palette for male oriented cards. LOL with that said, my first card is not masculine at all.

I don’t have any tags; I decided that was something I didn’t have to buy to play, so today, I have a card for you using his Stamping with Reflections Technique.

OWH Color Challenge 3_21

Over at Operation Write Home* the MWTD challenge is to make cards using the colors yellow and green for our heroes to send home to their family and friends. So with some Craftwell card stock, Tim Holtz embossing folder, stamps and Distress Inks I came up with this.

OWH Color Challenge 3_21_2

Hero Arts butterfly stamps and Judy Kins Whispy Bamboo stamp make up the image.

OWH Color Challenge 3_21_3

 

OWH Color Challenge 3_21_4

Prima flowers, specialty ribbon and lace finish up the card. So, very little bulk but lots of texture and dimension. What do you think?

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH Stars and Stamps Color Challenge

RRR Challenge #44 - Spring with Ribbon Theme

SCS TLC369 ~ Crop It! ~

SCS F4A109 Three or More

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.

image7222222222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[2]
STAMPS

  • Hero Arts
  • Judi Kins

PAPER – Craftwell card stock

TOOLS

  • Big Shot
  • Tim Holtz Fancy & Floral Frames Set

INK – Tim Holtz Distress Inks

ACCESSORIES

  • Wright’s specialty Ribbon
  • Lace
  • Prima Flowers 

    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[2]

  • 4 comments:

    Jan Hennings said...

    An absolutely beautiful Spring time card! Thanks for playing along with the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge :)

    Lee Mae said...

    Wow! Another simply stunning card! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    p.s. I just bought that embossing folder and now I can't wait to use it!

    Maria said...

    Oh, such a lovely spring card, Ellen! Love the butterflies, trim, and flowers! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!:-))

    Cheryl Walker said...

    Beautiful spring card!!! love it! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon
    hugs,
    Cheryl

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...