Sunday, March 25, 2012

YOU’RE ALWAYS ON MY MIND

Happy Sunday to all my blogging friends. I hope your weekend is going well and you are getting revived for the week to come.  I have been crafting, a lot, and have lots of cards to share.  This one is for Stamp School’s color challenge and of course will be going in my next Operation Write Home* box of cards. I used to wonder what I would do with all of the cards I make, but not any more! I have to work hard to get cards made fast enough to get them sent out.  I love making them for OWH though.  I really enjoy knowing my card will be used by one of our troops to touch bases with home.  And I know how terribly important those notes are.  If you have never made cards for OWH, why don’t  you pop over to their site and check it out?
SSColor2
At Stamp School, the color challenge is to make a card using Cotton Candy, Gumdrop Green and Limeade. Don’t you just love this color combo?  I just winged the layout; no sketch challenge for this baby!
SSColor3
I love this Verve sentiment, and because this is going to OWH I thought the sentiment very appropriate.  The hummingbird and flower are from my old stamp stash.
SSColor4
This border is from a Martha Stewart border punch. The ribbon flowers are from AC Moore.
SSColor
I used a flat bow on this card as I am still trying to minimize bulk.

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

Art Room Color Challenge 3-19-12

image
F4A109 Three or More

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge since this will be sent to our troops and will make it’s way home to a friend or loved one.
image72222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1
supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th
STAMPS
  • Verve – Always on My Mind set
PAPER – Craftwell card stock, K&Co Life’s Journey, Stamp School card stock
TOOLS
  • Big Shot
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder
  • Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Rectangles
  • Martha Stewart border punch
INK – Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Stazon
ACCESSORIES



  • RRR ribbon
  • Green pearls
  • AC Moore flowers
  • AC Moore flourish  dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t
  • 4 comments:

    anna christensen crafts said...

    Stunning card - such a gentle colour palette - gorgeous xx

    Samantha Taylor said...

    Love your use of the colors here. Your card is so soft and pretty. Really lovely! Thanks for taking the time to play along at Stamp School.

    Mynn xx said...

    I love the vintage feel of this one, Ellen! GORGEOUS--pink, black, and green are just beautiful!!!

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    Gorgeous color palette, and pretty flowers abound here, Ellen!

    You are so kind hearted to send so many of your creations to OWH. :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...