Sunday, April 15, 2012

MORE MUSCLE CARDS

Ah, Sunday afternoon. What words describe it best? Rest, relaxing, family, reading, crafting.  What words do you use to describe Sunday afternoon? Although I am retired, I still LOVE my Sunday afternoons. As a child, nothing was open on Sunday. You went to church, visited family and played with friends.  There was a “Blue Law” that kept all stores closed.  I know I am dating myself, but I just cannot get over how much our lives have changed, particularly on Sunday. Sometimes, it is hard to remember that nothing was open on Sunday…..absolutely nothing! And there was nothing on TV for kids, at least no cartoons, so we really had to be innovative to come up with things to do. I remember going to my grandparents’ houses on Sunday and playing with cousins, or with my brother.  Wow, so long ago!!

Today’s cards are for the Operation Write Home* Stars and Stamps blog challenge Midweek Throw Down – Father’s Day.  LOL I was just looking at the submissions for the challenge and realize I am going overboard. Please forgive me for posting so many, I just want to make sure I get all of my cards made in time for the Muscle Card challenge and Sandy opened the door with this Father’s Day challenge!

The papers are digital from Doodle Pantry’s Vintage Auto Digital Paper Pack and the car is from the Vintage Auto Color Plus pack. The brown paper is Craftwell.

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH Stars and Stamps: Midweek Throw Down – Father’s Day

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image722222222222222222222[2]

image32[2]

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]_thumb

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[1]_thumb
STAMPS

  • Doodle Pantry
  • Inspired by Stamping

PAPER – Craftwell card stock, Doodle Pantry

TOOLS

  • Spellbinders Classic Squares LG and Big Scalloped Circles LG
  • Big Shot
  • Crop-a-dile
  • Metallic pens
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder

INK – Inkadinkado

ACCESSORIES

  • Gold pearls
  • Eyelets
  • Ribbon
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t_thumb

    2 comments:

    Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

    that car is great and wonderful coloring on them - these cards will make some Dad smile - thanks for supporting OWH

    Barb Housner

    Lee Mae said...

    Terrific set of cards. Love those cars! Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...