Sunday, April 15, 2012

OWH MIDWEEK THROW DOWN FATHER’S DAY

Hi cuties! What a gorgeous Sunday morning we are having. I took an early walk with Joy and just enjoyed the birds and the early morning sun.  I saw the prettiest Blue Bird this morning. They are one of my favorites and were pretty rare for the longest time, but people started placing blue bird boxes all around and now we see them more regularly. 

I would like to apologize to all of you for not being on your blogs and leaving comments lately.  I have been trying to make up for being away next week. I am going to see my daughter, who I have not seen in a year, so I am really excited about this trip. But I realized it won’t leave me much time for the Muscle Card Challenge at Operation Write Home’s* Stars and Stamps blog.  So, I have been crafting in all of my spare time and will schedule cards to post while I am away.

But today, I have three cards for you that I made them for OWH’s Midweek Throw Down Father’s Day challenge. These are more of the cards I did with digital stamps and papers from Clear Dollar Stamps.

This first card was made using Tim Holtz Kraft Resist paper and Distress Ink.  The frame is Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and outlined with gold pen.  I just could not resist using the little rolling eyes on that cute bear from Clear Dollar Stamps.  He is from the digi package called Happy Trails Camper and is pre-colored.

The card above uses the same CDS images and digital papers. The clouds are Memory Box dies. Spellbinders Labels Eighteen was used again for the frame.

This card uses two of the dies from Spellbinders Fleur de Lis rectangles.  The clouds are again Memory Box and they are stapled onto the ribbon.The sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping’s Ahoy, Matey set.

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH Stars and Stamps: Father’s Day Midweek Throwdown Challenge

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image72222222222222222222222

image3222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_ image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th
STAMPS

  • Clear Dollar Stamps
  • Inspired by Stamping

PAPER – Clear Dollar Stamps, Tim Holtz Kraft Resist, stash

TOOLS

  • Memory Box clouds
  • Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and Fleur de Lis rectangles
  • Big Shot
  • Tim Holtz blending tool

INK – Tim Holtz Distress Ink

ACCESSORIES

  • Really Reasonable Ribbon on all 3 cards 
  • Eyelets
  • Buttons 

    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[2]

  • 1 comment:

    Jan Hunnicutt said...

    Oh so cute Ellen, I love each of your cards!

    Have a wonderful time visiting with your daughter while you are away and Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...