Friday, April 13, 2012

OWH FATHER’S DAY CARDS

Happy Friday the 13th to all my blogging friends! I hope you had a wonderful week. This is going to be a really quick post because I am so busy today! I hope your Friday is totally awesome.

I have two cards for you today. I made them for Operation Write Home’s* Stars and Stamps Father’s Day challenge.  These are more of the cards I did with digital stamps and papers from Clear Dollar Stamps.

OWH Father's Day4_11_1OWH Father's Day4_11_2OWH Father's Day4_11_3OWH Father's Day4_11_4

The sentiment is from Inspired by Stamping’s Ahoy, Matey set. These adorable images and digital papers are from Clear Dollar Stamps and they are pre-colored. The papers are digi papers from CDS.

AROUND MY HOUSE:

I do want to take a minute to introduce you to our new neighbor.  She is so sweet and has the cutest babies! Meet Mommy Bird and babies:

birdmom6

birdbabies2

I couldn’t believe how close she let me get to take pictures of her! The other day, I noticed she was off the nest so I took some quick baby pictures.  This nest is on the gate post just off of our screened porch.  We have a “bird’s eye” view from there!

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH Stars and Stamps: Father’s Day Midweek Throwdown Challenge

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222

image322

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[1]
STAMPS

  • Clear Dollar Stamps
  • Inspired by Stamping

PAPER – Clear Dollar Stamps, stash

TOOLS

  • 3” Circle Punch
  • Spellbinders Labels Two
  • Big Shot
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder

INK – Versacolor Topaz

ACCESSORIES

  • Jute twine
  • Eyelets
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

    4 comments:

    Lee Mae said...

    A terrific set of Father's Day cards! Love the images and papers. Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    Jan Hunnicutt said...

    Wow Ellen, I loved seeing your cards! Aren't CDS digital and colored digital images the best?! Your cards are just gorgeous :)

    I also loved seeing the photos of your new neighbors, what a treat to be able to watch as the kids grow up.

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    What sweet little baby birds! Awww!

    You are really rocking those masculine cards, Ellen. Great job!

    CanadianScraps43 said...

    So love this creation. It is jaw dropping gorgeous and it truly makes me drool. Lol. The design and layering of all elements is perfection. The masculine feel and the image it self is the star of this performance and stands out wonderfully. You have mastered the art of cardmaking and I am so happy that you placed this beauty here at your blog for everyone to see. Wow!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...