Monday, May 28, 2012

ANYHERO CARDS FOR MEMORIAL DAY

Happy Memorial Day! I decided to make AnyHero cards for today. I know Operation Write Home* needs lots of these during the summer, so I am trying to step it up!

This first card is from the bonus sketch at OWH.

This one is made with Doodle Pantry’s Firecracker Bugs_Ants, Ants Fun Paper, and their Patriotic Sheep sentiment “Yay for our troops”. The inside sentiment is from their Patriotic Turtle set. The red card stock is from Stamp School and the brown is from Craftwell.

Here is the sketch used for this card:

Now for my second card:

This one was made with Can You Digi It papers and elements. The sentiment on the front of the card was made by me and the one inside is a freebie I got from OWH. The red paper is Craftwell and the white is Recollections. The white panel is embossed with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.

And here is the sketch for the second card:

After completing the card and looking at the sketch again, I realize I took a few liberties with it. That is what I get for being in a hurry.

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

SUPPLIES
SIZE: 5.5 x 4.25

  • STAMPS: Doodle Pantry, Can You Digi It
  • PAPER: Recollections, Doodle Pantry, Can You Digi It, Stamp School, Craftwell
  • TOOLS: Big Shot, Spellbinders Labels Four, Classic Square; Sewing machine; Crop-a-dile; circle punch
  • INK: Printer
  • ACCESSORIES: Seam binding, red and white ribbon from stash, red and white pearls, Tim Holtz brads and eyelets 

    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[1]

  • 5 comments:

    Paula S. said...

    Nice work on both of the OWH sketches this week. I especially like the stitching details on the first design. Using a printed sentiment on the inside of an Any hero card is also a great idea, if like meat times you find yourself at a loss for words ones like these could just be signed. Great job!

    Paula S.
    OWH Blog Team

    Julie said...

    Adorable cards, Ellen! I especially love the first one with all those ants. So cute! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

    Linda said...

    Yummy! I particularly like how you adapted the sketch! Thanks for sharing!

    Donna Nuce said...

    The Ant card is darling! But I really like the simplicity of your second card. fabulous!

    Mynn xx said...

    Ellen, both of these are fabulous, but I ADORE the second one!!! The gorgeous use of our flag's colors made my heart leap!!! GORGEOUS job! :)

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...