Friday, June 1, 2012

MAKE MY MONDAY WITH OPERATION WRITE HOME

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! Hello and welcome to my little corner of the world. I hope your week has been fantastic and that you look forward to a glorious weekend. Isn’t it funny? I have been retired since 2003, but I still LOVE Friday! Honestly, when I was working, Thursday was my favorite day because I could look forward to Friday.  I know, sounds silly, but it fits right in with Christmas Eve being more fun than Christmas Day (at least for me LOL).

OK, so what about this card? Well actually I have two of them to show you.  You see I started with an idea and well, it didn’t turn out like I had planned (we’ll call it “cards gone wild”) so I decided to give it another try. And yes, I am posting both of them so you can see what I mean.

First up, my favorite of the two:

I seem to be in a CAS sort of mood lately and really like the way this turned out.  Over at Make My Monday, the challenge is to use pink, green, and white. I definitely nailed that one! And at Operation Write Home* the Midweek Throw Down is to make a thank you card. Easy – peasy!

I do love this ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and I love how it worked on this card. The Memory Box medallion has Liquid Pearls on each of the swirl ends. That gorgeous pink paper is from Stamp School and the flower is Prima.

Now for the card that got out of hand:

I think this can still be used, but is maybe more appropriate for a teenage girl?  I used the same supplies as the card above but only used the THANK part of the stamp. I paper pieced the letters and outlined them with that hot pink. The U is from a Sizzix alphabet set and is covered in Flower Soft.  Pink rhinestone flourishes from Recollections and a square Spellbinder behind the flower are also on this card, but not the first one.

So you have to tell me what you think, PLEASE! I am still learning so much from all of you while on this quest to reduce the thickness of my cards for OWH. 

Speaking of OWH, please, if you are not familiar with them, go check them out after you leave comments.

THESE CARDS QUALIFY FOR THESE CHALLENGES:

Operation Write Home Midweek Throw Down: We’re challenging you to make cards using a Thank You theme for our heroes to send home to their family and friends!

Make My Monday .Week 51:

  IC338 ~ Charming Charlie and to see my inspiration photo, click here

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

SUPPLIES
SIZE: 5.5 x 4.25”    
 

  • STAMPS: One of the original stamps I bought, and I don’t remember where I got it Sad smile
  • PAPER: Recollections, Stamp School
  • TOOLS: Big Shot,Memory Box, Spellbinders Lacey Squares, Sizzix Alphabet Sizzlits
  • INK: VersaColor
  • ACCESSORIES: Really Reasonable Ribbon, Liquid Pearls, Prima flowers, Flower Soft, Recollections rhinestone flourishes
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[1]

    7 comments:

    Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

    I saw your beautiful card on SCS and came to check out the details on your blog. Since you asked for an opinion, I'll tell you that I prefer the CAS style of the first card. It allows me to focus on that lovely, delicate pink flower.

    I'm following. If you have a moment, come to check out my blog, too. Have a great day!

    baileyrosy said...

    Your post made me smile as most of my cards tend to take on a life of their own. have to say I prefer the simpler of the two but your wild card is so much fun and as you say perfect for a teenager. Beautiful details on both of them.

    Marie

    Donna Nuce said...

    Hi Ellen. Your second card cracked me up. Wow is it six. A card that yes, a teenager girl would love. Your first card is gorgeous and would be perfect for OWH.

    Donna Nuce said...

    Typo on my first message 2nd card is wild.

    Mynn xx said...

    Hi, Ellen!!! LOVE the amazing cards you've made! The fabulous flourish frame is the perfect backing for your flowers! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    Jan Hunnicutt said...

    Beautiful cards! I like the clean and simple style but I also like your more stepped up cards. I think it all depends on who they are for and if you enjoy the process of making them.

    Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!

    Kaylee Snyder said...

    Wow! I was stunned by your first card-its so creative and beautiful. Your second card made me smile. Love how you used the sentiment Thank U. It's definitely a fun teen's card.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...