Wednesday, May 2, 2012

OWH SKETCH 119

Hi to all my blogging friends! You all know my son is graduating from Basic Combat Training very soon, so I thought I would make an AnyHero card for his Drill Sergeant.  I used Operation Write Home’s* sketch from this week.

I bought the Drill Sergeant die cut from Stamper’s Best and because of his size, I had to take some liberties with the OWH sketch, but I think it is still obvious that I used their sketch.

The papers are all from my stash (YEAH). I have been listening to Sandy and getting inspired to get rid of some of my scraps.

The green brads are some I bought when I first started card making and I don’t remember where I got them. The camouflage brads came from Stamper’s Best.  The medallion was made by cutting multiple circles and stacking them to make it thick like chipboard.  I stamped it with a star from Verve and the thank you is from Hero Arts. The sentiment below is from Stamper’s Best.

I wanted to thank this Drill Sergeant for his service and thank him for taking such good care of our son.  Hopefully this card will be appropriate!

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

OWH SKETCH CHALLENGE 119

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image722222222222222222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[1]
STAMPS

  • Stamper’s Best
  • Verve
  • Hero Arts

PAPER – Scrap stash

TOOLS

  • Sizzix Sizzlits Circle 1
  • Big Shot
  • Crop-a-dile

INK – VersaColor

ACCESSORIES

  • Camo brads
  • Green brads
  • Drill Sergeant die cut (Stamper’s Best)

dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

6 comments:

Sarah said...

What a wonderful card-- I am sure your son's ds will be extremely touched! I am off to check Stampers Best!

Donna Nuce said...

Way to butter up the drill sergeant! Congratulations on your son's graduation from basic training. I know from experience that it was no picnic! Great card!

Linda said...

Ellem....Love your card! How thoughtful! TFS!!!

Mynn xx said...

Ellen, this is fabulous! LOVE the quote on the inside--it's amazing! Fabulous layout, too! :) {{{HUGS}}}

Samantha said...

Wonderful card! I think I might need to get that DS die cut for some scrapbook pages that need done! Congrats to your son on graduating! BCT is no easy task!

Maria said...

Super great card inside and out! You decorated it so well! Perfect sentiment inside, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...