Saturday, May 5, 2012

RRR AND STARS AND STAMPS

Hi friends! I was inspired by my on-line friend, Colleen, to share some pictures of my garden, so after the card, I have a few pictures to share if you are interested.

I originally started this card for Stamp School’s Geometry class, but did not get it finished before the end of April, so I decided on a different focal point and came up with this card.

This beautiful DSP is from 7Gypsies 6x6 Conservatory pack.  I love the delicate flowers and colors in this paper.  The purple and pink card stock is from Stamp School and the matching ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I embossed the pink panel with a Cuttlebug embossing folder and used a ZVA flourish across the bottom. The stamp is Flower Inspiration from Hampton Art.

This card qualifies for the following challenges:

Operation Write Home* Stars and Stamps challenge: Midweek Throwdown: Flowers

Really Reasonable Ribbon: Challenge #47 Mother's Day/Feminine with Ribbon.

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image72222222222222222222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[1]
STAMPS: Hampton Art

PAPER: Stamp School card stock, 7Gypsies 6x6 Conservatory pack

TOOLS: Big Shot, Spellbinders Classic Squares LG, Cuttlebug embossing folder

INK: Stamp School Grape Jelly

ACCESSORIES: ZVA Creations flourish, Really Reasonable Ribbon, AC Moore flowers.

Now it is time for:

AROUND MY HOUSE!

I said earlier that my on-line friend, Colleen, inspired me to share my garden with you.  In addition to her fantastic card blog (Dietrich Designs) she has a photo blog called bleu hydrangea.  She posted her wonderful garden pictures on bleu hydrangea and now I am sharing mine here.

This is our shady front porch with Miss Joy taking a little rest.  The red hydrangea is a new hybrid that is a true red and is heat tolerant.  It is just beautiful!

The deer always eat my azaleas, so I potted one and placed it by the front door.

Coming down the front steps on the left, I have pretty lenten roses.  They are not showy but they have flowers almost year round.  It is so nice to see flowers in the winter.

The right side of the steps has more lenten roses and tree peonies (that have already bloomed).  I added a new lenten rose in the back of the new caladiums.

Across the sidewalk from the caladiums I planted knockout roses under the redbud tree and added a few annuals on the far side.

This is a close up of my hardy orchids. Again, not showy flowers but they are so sweet and delicate I just love them.

These are my regular peonies that are almost finished blooming.  They are on the side as we move towards the back of the house.

Opposite the peonies is this pretty plant.  You can’t see the purple flowers all that well but they are so pretty.  I don’t know what this plant is, but would love for someone to tell me if you know.

And this is where I will stop; the garden gate covered in Carolina Jasmine leads to the back yard and garden.  I hope you enjoyed the garden tour!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu

 

dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[2]

3 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

The 7 Gypsies paper is sooooo pretty, Ellen! Oh! Love it. It has such a wonderful vintage feel.

And THANK YOU for being inspired by pics of my garden, for linking to me, and for sharing your own pictures!

I loved looking at your flowers and getting a tour. I had not heard of the red hydrangea; how interesting! The Lenten Roses are pretty; my neighbor has them, and they have such a quiet beauty about them.

I do not know what that purple flower is...wish I knew, so I could tell you. :)

You'll have to give a backyard tour sometime, 'kay?

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card and I enjoyed seeing your photos of around your yard too!

Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home!

buglvr2010 said...

Your card is lovely and so is your garden! Thanks for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...