Thursday, May 3, 2012

TIME STANDS STILL

Hi again! This is my second card for today, so if you missed the first one, please scroll down.  My friend Mynnette introduced me to Make My Monday’s challenge blog, so I am making this card for their current challenge: Week 47 Men and Boys: Time.

The papers used in this card are Craftwell card stock, Tim Holtz Kraft Distress and Recollections white card stock.  Distress Inks were used to color the background, using a Tim Holtz blending tool. The clocks are stamped using Stampabilities Clock Faces Background.  I have had some time related acrylic stickers in my stash for a long time, so I was happy to pull them out and use them on this card.  They help add more dimension and interest along with the Tim Holtz clock and gears.

I thought I might use this as my Dad’s Father’s Day card, but my DH thought that might not be a good idea since he has Alzheimer’s and time has actually stood still for him.  So I’m not sure what I will use this one for. 

NOW FOR THE CHALLENGES:

Make My Monday: Week 47 Men and Boys: Time

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image72222222222222222222222222

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu

supplies_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_th[1]
STAMPS: Stampabilities

PAPER: Recollections, Craftwell

TOOLS: Tim Holtz blending tool

INK: Distress Inks

ACCESSORIES: Tim Holtz clock face and gears, acrylic stickers from my stash

dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[2]

8 comments:

Mynn xx said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it, Ellen! The different gears are fabulous and I LOVE the background you created! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card - thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Maria said...

Wow, Ellen! Truly a superb masculine card! Love the "time" theme and all the elements incorporated! Great job...love it! Have a wonderful weekend, hugs!!:-))

Colleen Dietrich said...

Neat mix here, I like the time pieces with a butterfly. I agree with your husband, about the Alzheimer's and this card. So sad, isn't it? I'm so sorry for your dad. :(

Val said...

Beautiful card - thanks so much for joining us at MMM.
Valx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hello Ellen, your card is a vintage dream, lovely elements. Great to see you at Make my Monday! Suzanne :)

Suzi B said...

fabulous card Ellen love the zingy colour!
thank you for joining us at MMM
suzi b :)

Fliss said...

A stunning card Ellen. The colours and stamping are just fabulous.
Thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge at Make My Monday and wishing you good luck.
Fliss x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...