Sunday, June 10, 2012

FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES 38 ANY HERO CARD

WOW! I barely got this card posted in time! This is my second post today so if you missed the first one, please scroll down to check it out!!

I am making AnyHero cards for Operation Write Home’s* Duty.Honor.Cards challenge so I have chosen FMS challenge sketch for this card.

I don’t know about you, but I love making AnyHero cards! I am so humbled by these young men and women who have committed years of service to our Country and feel I can never do enough to thank them for that service.  Making these cards and sending them to our troops is such a small gesture, but I hope it means a lot to them.

I decided to go a little feminine for this one, since most of my AnyHero cards are masculine.  I just love this gorgeous Brenda Walton paper from K&Company. I combined it with some Craftwell cardstock and a scrap (the green panel with the border).  I often find myself going to Verve’s American Hero stamp set for my AnyHero cards. I just love that set.

Since this is from me, I go ahead and decorate the inside. I hesitate to do that on the cards the troops are sending back because I want them to have as much room as possible to write on.  This sentiment is from the same Verve set.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5 x 4.25″

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

What a great sentiment! Perfect color combo and background to go with it! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful card! I love the feminine touch of your hero card, and all that stitching really gives this a homespun touch! NJ!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors in the paper. The stitching is the perfect touch! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

This is such a wonderful way to honor our service men and women. I really like your designer paper choices. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a beautiful card. I love the soft colors of the patterned paper. And a wonderful sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lesley said...

Beautiful papers and sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...