Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TIME TO BE SHABBY AGAIN

Hi gang! I am still working on my next box of cards for Operation Write Home’s* Duty.Honor.Cards card drive. If you are not familiar with Operation Write Home, please check out their site and spread some love by making cards for our heroes!

  I seem to have trouble picking a cardmaking style; does that make me weird?  I started with shabby and still love it, but I have been practicing CAS and have learned to love it too. Oh, I don’t know, but today is a shabby day!

Oh yeah. I am so in love with the light colors and feminine feel of this paper.  It is definitely a “go-to” paper stack for me!   I have a new Cuttlebug embossing folder with matching border. It is called Palm Leaves and is what I used on the far right panel. 

This card was designed using the Inspired by Stamping inspiration sketch IBSIC12 and the inspiration photo at The Shabby Tea Room.  I’ll show you these after the card, but I love how the two combined into a perfectly feminine card. 

Some stitching on my sewing machine, Spellbinders, blue rhinestones from Recollections, lace from AC Moore and ribbon from Really Reasonable ribbon finish of this card.

 

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:
Inspired by Stamping IBSIC 12

The Shabby Tea Room Week 118: Shabby Beautiful


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

SUPPLIES
SIZE: approx
5.5 x 4.25″

Instructions: Cut base panel 5.5 x 4.25. Cut flowered panel 3.25 x 4. Cut the far right panel 2 x 4. Distress the edges with your finger or a distressing tool. Add ribbon and lace. Attach to base panel and stitch around edges.  Stamp sentiment and make die cuts. Make bow. Attach rhinestone flourish, base die cut and bow. Use dimensional dots to attach sentiment. Attach all to card base.

 

dividerNew_thumb

6 comments:

Starr said...

Lovely, lovely! The paper is gorgeous and of course I love the shabby look! thanks for joining us at TSTR!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Ellen! Thanks for joining us at IBSIC! Hugs, Joanna

~Tammy~ said...

Ellen this is amazing and I love that it's for OWH! The lace is beautiful and I love your take on the sketch!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card Ellen, the colours are so pretty. Thanks for joining us at IBSIC. Deb xxx

Maria said...

Ohhh...just gorgeous! Love the shabby feel of this card! Beautiful paper, ribbon, and label! Great job, Ellen...take care!

Mynn xx said...

I love all of your cards, but I REALLY love your shabby cards! This is no exception--it's gorgeous! LOVE the soft and pretty colors, the patterns, the texture, and the fabulous ribbon and lace down the side! GORGEOUS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...