Wednesday, June 20, 2012

INSPIRED BY STAMPING IBSIC13

Hi blogging friend! I hope you had a beautiful first day of summer. Summer came on strong here with temperatures in the upper 90s, so I stayed inside and made cards.

I almost didn’t get this card ready in time for the Inspired by Stamping challenge, but thank goodness I am getting it submitted just in time.  I love the inspiration photo with its fresh, clean beach scene so I wanted to keep this card fresh and clean too.

I love the beach so this was a lot of fun for me. I love all the blues and greens that you see at the beach and tried to include various shades of blue and green on this card.  The stamp along the bottom is actually a bamboo stamp but I used just part of it to try to make it more like sea grass.

This is another card for the Operation Write Home Duty.Honor.Cards. card drive.  I am trying to push and get as many cards made as I possibly can before the deadline, so I’ll have a lot of cards to share this week!

A Recollections flourish was used behind the butterfly and below the sentiment.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:

Inspired By Stamping IBSIC13 and here is the inspiration photo

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:


image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,

anewsig_joy

 

 

anewdiv_joy

5 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is so soft and pretty!! I love that flourish behind the butterfly! Thank you for sharing your pretty card with us at IBSIC!!!

Deb Hickman said...

Such a pretty card, love that you used the bamboo stamp, it works really well. Thank you for joining us this week at IBSIC. Deb xxx

Redanne said...

Ellen, this card is stunning and a great take on the photo. A x

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ellen, I love the tropical feel of your new blog page! It's bright, light and happy. :)

I think you did a great job being inspired by that sea photo. I love how you cleverly took a bamboo stamp and made it into sea grass!

I'm so glad you played along with us at IBSIC. :)

Anonymous said...

Ellen, I am loving your new blog page! It is so tropical and gorgeous! Beautiful card! I love your

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...